- Uses of VMware for recovery
- VMs used for isolation--single service per VM.
- VMs used for hot stand-bys and redundancy.
- Introspection of VM to monitor behavior.
- Virtualization is key to IBM's high availability systems.
- Ability to virtualize system at multiple levels: hardware
- Dynamic provisioning of virtualized resources to recover
- BEA is building introspection hooks into its JVM (jRockit ).
- Putting in check pointing capabilities into JVM.
- Looking at in-memory replication for hot spares.
- According to Sam...recovery is all about state.
- Key benefits of virtual machines (or virtualization) for ROC
data/performance isolation, against malicious attacks, sandboxes.
ability to manipulate VM objects, visibility into VM.
- Facilitates redundancy.